Thursday, July 30, 2009

ZZ Top concert / recording reviews

I plan on trying on occasion to write up reviews of ZZ Top show recordings. I have a large number of shows and I don't go many days without popping a new one in my car CD player for my daily commute. I've been listening to the band's performance at the Taj Mahal, Atlantic City, 05/04/2002 the past few days. I will try to get a review up in the next day or two. I hope to have a general narrative along with ratings for set list (variation, creativity), band performance (playing, attitude) and crowd's response/reactions.

As mentioned above I have a large number of shows in my collection. If anyone is ever interested in trading please e-mail me at truckfan81@yahoo.com. I do not buy or sell tapes, but trades or exchanges are always welcome. Also have more Led Zeppelin than anyone in their right mind would ever listen to.

ZZ Blues

2 comments:

  1. I assume that you are familiar with www.dimeadozen.org.
    For the latest ZZ Top, Dallas Tx
    July 19, 2009 and early recordings Cobo Arena
    Detroit, Michigan July 10, 1974 from ZZ Top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, DimeaDozen is excellent. I've picked up a number of shows from that site.

    ReplyDelete