Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Set List - Double Down Live Tour

Speculation has already begun. I'd be lying if I said I haven't been mulling it around it my mind for the past week or so.

New tour dates in Europe and Asia were recently announced, some places the band may never have been to before! The Top has always been well received across the Atlantic and in the Far East. I'm guessing the fans there are not going to be upset if the band doesn't plow through "Pinchusion" or "Waitin for the Bus". This is the perfect time to relieve the monotnomy and freshen up the set list.

The proposition of the band playing "Deguello" in its entirety has been raised, based soundly on the fact that the vast majority of tracks from the album were played at Rockaplast. Believe it or not this is not one of my favorite albums, and I favor it much less compared to "Tejas", which I love.

I'm not even suggesting the band has to play songs that they've never played live before. How about bringing back "Arrested For Driving While Blind" with the Hit It/Quit It medley? How about "El Diablo" or "Nasty Dogs and Funky Kings"? "How about freakin "Lowdown In the Street" (I know, Deguello album)? What about "My Head's In Mississippi" or "Antenna Head" or "Poke Chop Sandwich"?

I really hope the band is watching and listening. These fans will be so excited to see you that they will love anything you play. Why not create some excitement and spontaneity and mix it up?

Either way, you can count on my purchase of "Double Down Live" and my constant reviews for updates regarding the related tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment