Monday, November 23, 2009

Thank you / What type of fan?

Sorry about the slow down in updates this month. As the holidays approach things get busy. I would like to take this opportunity to thank those who visit the site and come back to see updates. I try to bring a good mixture of subjective vs. objective, opinion vs. fact in the various topics. I've got some considerations for future entries however would love to here any ideas for topics, design changes, additions or new features. Please don't hesitate to e-mail me or make suggestions under the comments section.

I mainly created the blog as there is little info out there about the band. Despite being around for 40 years the band is somewhat of an underground scene. There are the diehards, the casuals, and the indifferents. The diehards will come to the show in their town, hell or high water be damned. Diehards will love everything the band does, regardless of any ruts or routines the band may be in. They will rarely if ever criticize. The casuals will present to the shows if it's convenient. They will buy the albums if they remember too. They can become frustrated and disillusioned, and will limit the spending of their greenbacks with regard to the concert scene. They also associate ZZ to be just a part of the many bands within the blues / rock genre that they dig hearing. Casuals have Tres Hombres and Eliminator, and maybe Fandango. The indifferents left the band behind long ago, after the heights of Eliminator and Afterburner faded from view.

I would have to place myself as a diehard / casual hybrid. I love the band, and am quick to hunt down any news or info regarding the band. I will happily see the band when they come 'round my way, even if the set list is the same old. I will however criticize and call out the frustrations that I, and many fans, can often feel about certain aspects of the band's current state. I will never however be an indifferent.

So what type of fan are you? With 40 years of music to choose from it's hard to lose interest, and there is a ZZ album to suit any mood. Fans are what motivate the group. What do you love about the Top? What do you love about their music? What keeps you from being an indifferent?

No comments:

Post a Comment