Monday, August 2, 2010

Tejas & World Wide Tour / ZZ Top week / Trading list update

Progress continues on the planned three part series concerning the infamous "Tejas" album and the accompanying World Wide Texas Tour. I have received several very enjoyable and informative contributions from readers. If you have memories of seeing the band on this tour or are willing to share your thoughts on "Tejas" please send me an e-mail. I am very appreciative of the documenting, which can only serve to improve the accuracy and enjoyment of the series.
-----
I will be seeing the group for the first time this year on Wednesday 08/04/10 in Clearfield, PA. ZZ has just returned from their summer Europe stint, a trek that for all intensive purposes turned out to be a well received and joyous experience for band members and fans alike. I will provide a full report on the show towards the end of the week, hopefully with photos if I can get some good pictures. Set list and notations on individual songs to be included.

As the band has now confirmed they will be playing in Richmond, VA on 09/14/10 it appears I will be seeing them a second time. The venue this time will be the National. Holding perhaps 1500 to 2000 people, the building serves as an intimate and personal conduit to it's host musicians. I fully expect to be at the front of the stage for this one, and should be able to obtain excellent photographs. For those that are attending, I will be the idiot screaming for "Ten Dollar Man" and "Don't Tease Me".
-----
I have fully updated my trading list. Individuals that are looking to trade ZZ's recordings should not hesitate to send me an e-mail, I am more than happy to discuss, offer guidance on and share the great ZZ Top live sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment