Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tumbleweeds / 2011 Rodeo / Thank you

So far things have been quiet. It's early though. Hopefully the band is relaxing with family - Billy doing the same while thinking about song titles!

A recordings of ZZ's final show of the 2010 World Tour in Moscow surfaced. Despite having played the songs upwards of 80 times the group still sounded energetic. As the tour progressed Billy jammed (solo) more and more between songs. As a result the introductions to "I Need You Tonight" and "Brown Sugar" grew pretty long. Several people have indicated that ZZ had indeed played Russia before, so let it be known, like thousands of times before and surely to follow, I was wrong - St. Petersburg and Moscow 2010 were not the first shows in Russia.

Anybody follow Rick Rubin on Twitter? I personally cannot stand the whole "tweet" thing but it does seem to be an occasional good source of intermittent info regarding the band. Any news from Mr. Rubin?

I have been checking the 2011 Houston Livestock and Rodeo website to look for any ZZ announcements. Having more or less established a pattern of playing the Rodeo every two years they are due to appear next year. I will definitively be attending if they play it, one cannot be sure how many more years the group will be playing live. It has been suggested that if ZZ ever played a "final" gig it would likely be in Houston, perhaps at the Rodeo, but I don't anticipate this to be the circumstances in 2011. Money is too tight for me to fly, looks like a 22 hour road trip is in my future. Hopefully they will be on the docket, if anybody hears any news please post in the comments section.

Thank you to those that have posted recently in the comments section, in my opinion it really adds  to the appeal and importance of this blog as a means of communication between ZZ Top fans. I truly hope everyone enjoys reading this page as well, regardless of whether or not you choose to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment