Friday, May 13, 2011

Top & Skynyrd; Australia recording; set list ideas for June; T for Tequila; Possible name for new album

Well the relatively short Top and Skynyrd tour collaboration began last night in Wichita, KS. I have not yet seen any set lists or reviews of the show so if anyone comes across something interesting please let us know. It would be cool if Billy or even the entire group jammed with Skynyrd on some encore tracks, as has happened in the past with Brooks & Dunn and Aerosmith.
---
A recording of ZZ's performance in Sydney, Australia on April 28th has surfaced. It shows the group in a favorable light, with a high energy performance and enthusiasm from all members. There are subtle differences in some of the songs that help to differentiate what is otherwise a stale set list.
---
As I previously noted I will be seeing ZZ in Charlottesville the first night after Skynyrd's departure from the road paved by the Top. After some considerable thought I would absolutely be floored and excited to hear one, just one, of the following:

1) Dust My Broom (complete)
2) My Head's In Mississippi (complete)
3) Arrested For Driving While Blind
4) Rhythmeen
5) Precious & Grace

Here's hoping.
---
"Well now T's for Tequila, you gonna love my Texas tea... Well now T's for Tequila, you gonna love my Texas Tea."
Something tells me the phrase "T's for Tequila" will have a substantially more meaningful impact by the end of the year.
---
My best and most educated guess for the name of the as yet untitled new album: "Texicali"

No comments:

Post a Comment