Thursday, July 26, 2012

Rambling Thoughts

Appears that "Nationwide" may have replaced "Heaven..." in the set list. Let's hope not - there are people in Europe still that want to hear this rare tune, as well as in the US when the group returns later in the summer.

-----

Appears Dusty's vocal issues, while a little improved, are still struggling somewhat during the European jaunt. I certainly recognize the vocal cords age, but there must be a way to bring him up in the mix. Perhaps it wants to be somewhat muted, I don't know....

-----

With regard to correspondence:

Great article on the group [in the new issue of Classic Rock Magazine]. I appreciate the effort behind documenting the reasons for the nine year gap. Interesting that Billy went vulnerable and admitted that XXX and Mescalero did not sell, that the band's reputation had diminished, and that he wanted the band to return to prominence. Also interesting that the band admits XXX and Mescalero were not group efforts - I've said it before Mes is a Billy solo album. I wonder why they didn't record like Rhythmeen again? I think Frank just likes to play and maybe doesn't speak up, and I think Dusty is either underappreciated or intimidated in the studio.
I am excited to hear some of Billy's solo stuff, especially if Rubin works with him on it. I hope Rubin doesn't cause the big delays however - it doesn't need to have the same polish as a ZZ album. I predict something like this could come out in 2014 or 2015 - likely a year the band would take off from the road.
I predict next year will be another year of touring, hopefully in support of "La Futura".
 
-----
 
It has been lightly rumored that ZZ would do a special show in Houston towards the end of the year. Anybody else heard anything about this potentially awesome possibility? 

1 comment: