Saturday, September 4, 2010

ZZ Top - All quiet on the Texas front

Things have been very quiet as of late. Little to report really. I haven't so much as seen a set list update in almost four weeks. Little news / press coverage as well.

I'm sure things will pick once ZZ starts opening for Tom Petty, however I wish the additional press coverage was due to ZZ's own individual actions and merits vs. opening for another act. No recordings of any concerts have surfaced since the end of the European trek in July - this will likely change with increased attendance and gumption from Petty's fans.

I will be seeing the group for the second and last time this year on September 14 in Richmond, Virginia. As I noted in a previous post the venue is very intimate and should prove to be an excellent conduit for ZZ's hard blues sound. I will include a full report of course.

Progress continues to be made on the Tejas / World Wide Texas chapters. Any input from readers is greatly appreciated.

Also anyone that reads this blog and is coming to the Richmond show please let me know and we can meet up prior to the concert.

Sugar cane...Domino cane...Imperial cane...Yes I can

No comments:

Post a Comment