Monday, April 4, 2011

ZZ Top - Launch in less than two weeks

The 2011 touring season kicks off in less than two weeks - April 16th in Hamilton, New Zealand to be exact. I have reached out to a fellow fan who will be attending the April 18th concert in Melbourne hoping he will agree to send me a set list after the show - it will be greatly appreciated.

I usually make some predictions around this time each year and will do so again. Despite multiple indications that ZZ have been in the studio I do not anticipate any new songs being played - ZZ unfortunately plays it more and more safe each year so playing something new would be a small miracle. Stranger things have happened so we can always hope. I would estimate new songs will be played after the July European shows, possibly upon a return to the US in the fall, which is supposedly when the new album is to be released.

Here are my hopes for a set list. This is an unlikely mix but nonetheless something that real fans and long time followers would love to hear:

01) Thank You
02) Gimme All Your Lovin'
03) Pincushion
04) Waitin' For the Bus
05) Jesus Just Left Chicago
06) I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
07) Precious and Grace
08) Brown Sugar
09) Fool For Your Stockings
10) Dust My Broom
11) Pearl Necklace
12) Arrested for Driving While Blind
13) Sharp Dressed Man
14) Legs
15) La Grange
Encore:
16) Just Got Paid
17) Jailhouse Rock
18) Tush

Please comment with your hopes for the 2011 set list.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. no hopes XD ... "I thank you" would already be a little appreciated miracle

    ReplyDelete