Thursday, September 13, 2012

Beacon / La Futura review / Things to Come

Well, the La Futura "coming out party" was last night at the Beacon in New York. Reports are in - ZZ put on a great and energetic show but failed to play any new material aside from "Gotsta Get Paid".
??????
??????
??????
Chartreuse has been played during soundchecks. They have rehearsed the song but apparently not enough. It is absolutely imperative that ZZ capitalize on the current mometum of good vibes, the good sales and good reviews, and play these new songs. People dig this album, people want to hear these new songs.
PLAY SOME OF THE NEW SONGS DAMMIT!!!

P.S. Thanks to my friend Clay G. for his detailed analysis of last night's show.

------

I plan on posting a full review of the album in the next few weeks or so. I think it's important to have a decent amount of time to soak up and notice all the nuiances that make ZZ Top songs unique. I want to have a chance to listen some more before I make my final call.

I also anticipate Senor Volto will be posting his album review in the near future. We'll see where we agree and disagree.

-----

Never fear, there is more to write about in the world of ZZ Top beyond "La Futura".
Coming soon:
1) An indepth story of one reader's adventure to Bubba's Country Store, scene of the Jeremiah Weed / ZZ Top commercial. Thanks to good buddy Rebzz for this one.
2) A look into the highly suspect "autographed" posters received as part of the VIP ticket package. At this time all I can say is BUYER BEWARE.'
3) Continuing coverage of ZZ's fall live tour in support of "La Futura"
4) A write up on the chops and changes within ZZ from the time Mescalero was released to the present.
5) Some more stuff I come up with.....

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure there will be a huge La Futura world-tour in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You
    Waitin' for the Bus
    Jesus Just Left Chicago
    Pincushion
    Heard it on the X
    I Gotsta Get Paid
    Gimme All Your Lovin'
    Vincent Price Blues
    My Head's in Mississippi
    Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers
    Stages
    Sharp Dressed Man
    Legs
    Tube Snake Boogie
    La Grange
    Tush

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the 2012 playlist in Belgium:
    La Futura wasn't even out yet.

    Thunderbird
    I Thank You
    Waitin' for the Bus
    Jesus Just Left Chicago
    Pincushion
    I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
    I Gotsta Get Paid
    Heard it on the X
    Gimme All Your Lovin'
    Vincent Price Blues
    Heaven, Hell or Houston
    My Head's in Mississippi
    Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers
    Stages
    Sharp Dressed Man
    Legs
    Tube Snake Boogie
    La Grange
    Tush

    Currently they are touring with that tour. It ends in october. Probably they will rehearse the next months so they can go out to promote the album during 2013.

    ReplyDelete