Monday, September 24, 2012

Bubba's Country Store

I present good friend and ZZ fanatic Rebzz's account of his trip to Bubba's Country Store, scene of the Jeremiah Weed / ZZ Top commercial. Enjoy....

-----

First of all, Austin is a very cool town. I decided to mapquest Buuba's today and to my amazement it was only 15 minutes from my hotel! I took to the road today and found the store very easily. It is south of Austin but not too far out. As I was turning in the parking lot a guy was filling up his car and I asked him to snap a pic of me with my iPad in front of the store. He most graciously obliged. I then made my way into the store and it is just what you would expect a southern country store would be- candy bars on the left and bread and other necessities on the right. The lady behind the counter immediately thought I was lost by the look on my face as I slowly eased in the door. She was very nice! I told her I was a ZZ Top fan and wanted the full story of the video shoot. She was actually there during the entire process.

She took me on into the back part of the store where wine and beer are sold. She said the store shut down for 4 days while the set was constructed.. You will see a a pic of me in front of the wine standing in the exact spot where the band was set up in the video. A fake wall had been built to look like a cooler but it is no longer there. She said that none of the customers were aware of the set up at all. They were all real customers with no idea what was going on. The customers made anywhere from $300 to $4000.00 for being in the video.. After they signed releases they were told that they would be paid based upon the type of reaction and participation. Of course they didn't know this until after they opened the cooler. It took 4 days to complete the video. The band was there for 2 days.

-----
 
The near future will bring another adventure story from Rebzz, this one with some real revelations...

1 comment:

  1. Another great travel story from Rebzz - the "Master Of Sparks"! Can't wait to read about the next adventure!

    ReplyDelete